Supervised Practical Experience Policy (SPEP)*
*formally known as Internship Policy
In broad and thoughtful consultation with the Board and the Training Community, the Board of Directors Approved the SPEP in June, 2018. The purpose of this Policy is to:
- establish Family Mediation Practical Experience Standards (“Standards”) throughout Ontario for the practical experience required to attain the “Accredited Family Mediator” (“AccFM”) designation from the Ontario Association for Family Mediation (“OAFM”).
- ensure consistency in the supervised practical experience of Associate Members and their Supervisors;
- create greater accessibility to Supervised Practical Experience opportunities from the perspective of both the Associate Member and the Supervisor by:
- providing Associate Members with information, guidelines and certainty in expectations;
- ensuring that the standards for the Associate Member are explicit, clear and honoured;
- providing the Supervisor with role clarity, guidelines and expectations.
You may download the Policy, Schedule A, and Schedule B below and contact the office, if you have any questions.