Benefits of Family Mediation
Family Mediation is an effective method of resolving family conflict.
Family mediation empowers the family members as they work towards ending their conflict, allowing them to maintain control and ownership of the process. It emphasizes the importance of cooperation and fairness, especially when it comes to the wellbeing of children and dependants.
Family Mediators encourage communication among family members to explore their respective needs and interests in order to establish a shared agreement. It is an opportunity for a new beginning without the tension and frustration so common to divorce court and litigation in general.
- Children are always the priority.
- Improves communication and cooperation skills.
- Lessens tensions and removes adversarial atmosphere.
- Potential to relate better in the future.
- Confidential and private process.
- Empowers disputants to directly communicate and determine the outcome.
- More cost effective than court processes.
- Shorter and simpler than court processes.