Certification Mark License Agreement
The Ontario Association for Family Mediation agrees to license the undersigned to use its certification mark (the “Certification Mark”) in accordance with the following.
- Licensee acknowledges that the Ontario Association for Family Mediation owns the entire right, title and interest to the Certification Mark.
- The Ontario Association for Family Mediation hereby grants the licensee a non-exclusive license to use the Certification Mark as a member of Ontario Association for Family Mediation to the public for a one-year term. Licensee hereby explicitly acknowledges that licensee is not entitled to its use other than under the terms of license. This Agreement and the license granted hereunder will be renewed automatically every year for another one-year term upon payment of an annual membership fee and provided the licensee is otherwise in compliance with all the requirements associated with membership with the Ontario Association for Family Mediation.
- In order to maintain the right to continue to use the Certification Mark, licensee agrees to maintain any and all standards for the character and quality of the services to be provided in association with the Certification Mark. The Ontario Association for Family Mediation shall convey such standards to licensee form time to time. Such standards shall include but not be limited to its. Code of Ethics.
- Licensee agrees that Ontario Association for Family Mediation may monitor the provision of services provided by licensee in association with the Certification Mark and that in the event Ontario Association for Family Mediation determines that the quality of those services do not meet the standards set by Ontario Association for Family Mediation, it may terminate the license upon sixty (60) day’s notice. Upon termination of this license, the licensee shall immediately cease to use or display the Certification Mark for any purpose whatsoever.
- Licensee shall at all times display the Certification Mark in accordance with the Certification Mark guidelines:
As a licensee of the Certification Mark:
- You can use the Certification Mark as a distinctive visual symbol of the Ontario Association for Family Mediation that can be easily recognized by colleagues and clients. In essence, as a designation holder, you can use this mark as a seal of quality and integrity.
- The Certification Mark may not be altered or modified in any way.
- The Certification Mark can be used to identify a group of individuals; however, each individual listed must be current members of the Ontario Association for Family Mediation.
- The Certification Mark must not be used as a part of a company name.
- The Certification Mark should be placed in close proximity to the licensee’s name. However, the Certification Mark should have enough clear space that it is not connected or a part of the licensee’s personalization or degree. The Certification Mark shall not be confused with the company logo or placed in such proximity to a company name or logo so as to give the reader the idea that the Certification Mark certifies the company.
- Licensee agrees to notify Ontario Association for Family Mediation, without delay, of any circumstances that may affect the licensee’s ability to continue to fulfill the certification requirements.
Signed by acceptance on Membership renewal.
Approved by the Board June 23, 2018